Saturday 13 August 2011

Objectification and the mystery of Steve

So something I see mentioned or discussed from time to time is the 'objectifying of women' which is generally based on some philosophy that all men are one track minded, afraid of commitment, and basically just want a women for sex and not a lot else, and see women as simply somethign to satisfy sexual needs. I'm not one of those people, and I think the sterotyping of men as such is wrong. Sure I don't believe in objectifying women either, but appreciation of a certain figure and what their face looks like is not simple objectification, this is something I do, but I won't just look at whats on the outside, I have to know what the person is on the inside, their interests and personality and stuff, I think thats why 80% of the time first impression crushes are a bad idea, and unfortunately 80% of my crushes are just that, case in point for this are Lucille and Topaz, neither of whom were I feel are ultimately particularly nice people. The other first impression crushes have been better actually but for one reason or another (know for a week, know for a day, know know for 4 hours) acting on them has typically not been a good idea, both for the amount of time i've known them, and my nervousness in general. Hazel probably doesn't remember me, Poppy was asked to the dance by me, thats it until I told her the truth months later. Then I relapsed for a week. That wasn't good, so if shes there this year I'm not gonna talk to her too much, might spend more time with Hannah and Lydia, or Paul and Ed. So I come to the remainder of my crushes. People I've known for a while. I myself don't think it's a good idea to try going out with my closer friends for reasons that I don't think need explaining, even though I actually know who they are, cause frankly I love them and don't want to ruin any friendship, and of the remainder that leaves Marie has Rogen in the states, Bulstrode has Clark (and I talked about why Clark deserves her) and Hawk (I seriously need new name ideas) is never I think gonna see me as more than a guy she happens to go to the same group as, plus Jamie suggested that was an idea once and listening to Jamie is madness. I was gonna say something in here attempting to justify the various bikini etc photos I have on my portable hard drive of various Japanese idols, but I sort of rambled, but heres some justification anyway. I did say I appreciate a body and a face, and I stick by that, and these idols look amazing. But I know every single one of their names (except the AKB48 members, and I'm working on that) and with their names I know at least one tv series they appeared in (I  love the tokusatsu genre) and appreciate their abilities as actresses as well as models, and if their making a career out of it it's their choice, It's up to us to decide if we wanna look. (I'm also strictly no nudity, one magazine turned ot to have some but I deleted those pictures.) And frankly most of them are not gonna look that good for much longer anyway, it's not like all of them can have a career as long as Aki Hoshino. I'm not actually serious, they will still look damn good, the problem is that companies with the sole exception of whoever employ Aki Hoshino think to be a beautiful attractive model appreciated by the people you market your books toward you have to be between the ages of 15 and 29, which is stupid really.

Anyway the mystery of steve part, which is unconnected to the rest of it. So I know who every single person in my friend list is alright, or at least where I know tham from, except 2 or 3. One I think is just a kid from my old school who I never noticed. Another I think was at Zeus' party, but I dunno. The third is more of a mystery. At first I thought he was someone from Roxannes birthday, but now I just have no freaking clue, I think he might actually have been at school all last year and I never noticed him then. He's Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment