Monday 21 November 2011

12 things awesome about AKB48 Best 100 Request Hour 2011: Day 1

This is an event that has been held every year since 2008 playing the most popular AKB songs as requested by fans who have bought a particular single. When I say songs I mean everything, stage songs, B-sides, Singles, SKE songs, SDN songs, sub-unit songs and possibly some advertising deals as well, I’m not sure, what I do know is that amongst the few that couldn’t be voted for, one of them was Love Wars, which I feel is a shame, I’d love to see a stage performance of Love Wars (Saiko, Koshiite, Isoke, Kimi-tachi yeah yeah). Ahem. Anyway, today I’m taking some good points from the first day. Also I should point out I’m only doing this because I happened to find it on Youku, the event was in January.
Anyway, in no particular order, we have:

 Oshima Mai: Mai was one of the original Team A members, and graduated in 2009, and has something of a career still I believe. At the point I’m at as I type this, she’s appeared twice, In the first song, Kioku no Dilemma, which has the added bonus of featuring Noro Kayo, SDN’s captain and former Team K member. Mai’s second appearance leads me to : 

 Graduated members: Mai is not the only graduated member to appear, in fact she appears alongside every member of the original Team A (it looks that way anyway, theirs 18 members in it) to perform Dear My Teacher so a fair few graduated members in just that song. I’m not really familiar with any of the ones in that song, and the only other graduate who didn’t go to SDN I know definitely isn’t in the event, but it must still be great for the fans who know them. 

Jurina’s face: This is literally only a couple of seconds, but during SKE’s MC, at one point while Rena (I think) is talking Jurina is making the greatest face ever, I can’t even begin to describe it.
         
Blue Rose: I find this one worth mentioning for two things, the members and the costumes. I find the costume choice odd for the girls I recognise and yet it works, so what do you know. The members themselves are Akimoto Sayaka, Miyazawa Sae, and Ohori Megumi, who I thank my knowing of to AKBINGO’s first 10 episodes having focuses on the release of her debut solo single. I can also confirm that these girls, including Masada Yuka were all part of Team K together.
        
Yokoyama Yui: I’m not biased, I swear. She’s appeared twice as I type this, in song 99, Jibun Rashisa alongside Mayu and Sumire, and as part of Theatre Girls performing Boku no Yell. She would have been a theatre girl then I suppose, she hadn’t made Senbatsu yet and I don’t think Not Yet had formed either. At this point I’m aware she’ll have a few more appearances though, given who she replaced in effect.
        
          16nin Shimai no Uta: purely for the way we briefly get every member of Old Team K on stage (excepting a couple I think, but their substituted).
       
BINGO: For the sheer fact that the Kenkyuusei do a good job, and I can recognise a few future Team 4 members.

      no3b: Takamina, Kojiharu and Miichan have 3 performances in the first day, but unfortunately Relax isn’t one of them. (Or is it fortunately?)

Ore Sanjou: During Mayu, Aika, Miku and Nakaya Sayaka’s MC, while talking about AKB Sanjou, Mayu performs Momotaros’ classic catchphrase, and then explains what it’s from.

Nounai Paradise: It’s an Old Team K performance, with two exceptions, one being you-know-who filling in for the same person she always is, and it’s pretty good.

Sakura no Hanabiritachi: My understanding is this became the graduation song, which makes it appropriate to have it being sung by graduated members, with Mai in the centre.
 
Ponytail to Shushu: Now ponytail certainly isn’t my favourite AKB song, but when it’s an encore being performed by everyone, you do have to appreciate it a whole lot.

       I'll see you tomorrow (hopefully) with day two highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment