Sunday 20 November 2011

AKB48: My favourite member

This member joined AKB as a Kekyuusei in september 2009, and the following happened in october 2010.

AKB48 are performing at an event, their are Kenkyuusei present, presumably as Unders but I don't know. Takahashi is about to announce the last song when a stage crew walks on to hand her a note, to her surprise. Se announces that there is to be a new member of AKB48, builds up some suspense, declares she'' be joining Team K, its:Yokoyama Yui. Yui comes to the front in tears, she's overjoyed and surprised, and Takahashi talks about how she's been doing a lot of work recently, including working as Mariko's under. Just two months after this, during a performance of Team K's sixth stage she was wished a happy 18th birthday.

Yui was born in 1992, which surprised me actually, I'm a terrible judge of ages, often guessing people are a couple of years older than they are, so I assumed this girl who'd caught my eye in the AKBINGO live performance of Flying Get was probably going to be 16, but when I find her article on Stage48, turns out she's 5 months older than me. Since finding out about her she's become my favourite member, though I honestly love a great deal of the members, and Tomochin and Chiyuu will always hold a special place in my heart. One notable thing I saw was a clip where several Team K members were doing a bungee jump challenge and a few had failed to jump, and had their 'names' taken (It might just have been the subs explaining badly). Yui was the last to go, and despite being terrified offered that if she did the jump, the members who didn't go would get their names back. She did it, getting the names back, but was in hysterics, tears streaming down her face, she hadn't enjoyed it, but she had done it though, which I felt was more important.

Yui has seemingly become quite popular in less than a year (Pre-2011 Senbatsu) which has probably been helped by appearances in AKBINGo, and even moreso by her mebership in Not Yet alongside Kitahara Rie, Sashihara Rino and at the time of formation most popular AKB member Oshima Yuko, Not Yet is currently on it's third single, PeraPera Perao, and I love it. She made Senbatsu for Everyday, Katsyusha, and then gave another tearful speech after being voted by the fans as 19th in the Senbatsu Election, with 16,455 votes, beating in the Senbatsu long-term members Masuda Yuka and Kuramoch Asuka. Yui also made Senbatsu for Kaze wa Fuiteru.

So as I said earlier I first found Yui in the AKBINGO lvie performance of Flying Get, where she was acting as centre (I was looking for ones with Tomochin centre, as I'd seen a few, and she was my favourite at the time. It wasn't until a wile later I learnt her name, but now she's my favourite member. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment